RENT A DUMPSTER
Frequently Asked Questions?
Our operational hours are 8am through 4pm, Monday through Friday. We do operate on Saturdays if the job is large enough to justify a full crew's operation payroll. So, just tell us what you need ahead of time, and we can plan accordingly. However, we are definitely closed Sundays.
It really depends on where you want us to take the material. If it's recyclable, many times there's no disposal fee. Recyclables should go in a separate dumpster so they're not mixed in with trash. We will bring you a scrap metal dumpster for metal, and appliances, and even appliance with freon, such as refrigerators, air conditioners and freezers. Food and all contents should be removed from fridges and freezers. If it's donate-able items, we'll take them to a donation center free of charge. You can read more about what can and can't take on our dumpster rental services page.
We are not a hazardous waste hauler, and we can't accept:
- Oil Products
- Flammable Material
- No liquids of any kind
Just have a conversation with us. We're resourceful people who like to make our customers happy, and we can come up with a solution together as long as we communicate openly about your project.
It is illegal to travel United States roadways with debris not contained within the confines of the container. All debris MUST not be above the top edge of the container. Yes, we do tarp the dumpsters, but that is to insure debris doesn't fly out, not to increase the volume the container was designed to hold.
When you tell us that your dumpster is ready to be picked up, you are also insuring that the dumpster is not overfilled, it's not full of heavy material (like dirt, asphalt, concrete or gravel), the rear doors are closed and properly secured, and there's no hazardous material in it. If the dumpster is found to not actually be road-ready, you're likely be paying additional fees.
- Excess Weight. Please do not put loads of concrete, rock or dirt in the 12 or 18 yard dumpster. We do not operate dump trucks. Our maximum weight in the dumpster is 4 tons. If you fill a 18 yard up with dirt, it's likely to exceed 8 tons! We have convenient 6 yard dumpsters suitable to fill with aggregate, and heavy & dense material. Please let us know in advance you plan on filling with heavy material, and we can arrange to have a 6 yard dumpster brought out to you.
- Unauthorized movement of the dumpster
- Negligent use of excavation equipment. For some reason, people who use excavation equipment are notorious for running into the sides of the dumpsters. Don't be that person. Treat our dumpsters with respect!
- Overflowing debris. If we can't travel the dumpster down the road because debris is overflowing, this puts the safety of other drivers at risk and pollutes the environment you live in. You should not fill the dumpster with contents over the side. Depending on the situation, we may have to off load the debris by hand, and if we're unable to off load the debris, the dumpster will need to stay on-site until someone from your crew fixes it, and you'll be charged a $100 trip fee. It is possible that you have more debris than the container can hold, and in that event, you'll want to request another dumpster upon picking up the full dumpster.
- Restricted items. Tires, appliances w/ freon mixed in with trash, hazardous material, or liquids. We are a Solid Waste Hauler.
Happy Little Dumpsters sizes vary. We have sizes from 10 feet long, to 12 feet long. They can carry loads as small as 2 pickup truck loads to 15 pickup truck loads. Our Dumpster Rental Service Page explains in detail
Your Dumpster will be picked up when you tell us to pick it up. You tell us what day you want the Dumpster delivered Monday through Friday, and we'll use our assets to the best of our ability to deliver it on that day. After you use it and you're done with it, you then let us know you're done with it and we'll pick it up the next day Monday through Friday. We require a record of you asking us to pick up the dumpster. The preferred way to notify us is:
- Use the voicemail option, by calling us at 888-33-HAPPY and press 1, then leave your message
- Visit the dumpster pick-up page at https://happylittledumpster.com/pickup/ and send your request.
Note: If the dumpster sits there longer than 30 days without being swapped out, it is assumed you are not using it, so we will pick it up after 30 days.