We are delighted to serve you with our frequently asked questions. The employees and managers with Happy Little Dumpsters pride themselves with outstanding customer service. We're here to help you with your junk removal, remodeling or clean-out project. Below you'll find the most helpful, and frequent questions we hear from our valued customers.
What Services Do You Provide?
We are a transportation & hauling service focused on junk & waste removal. We provide scrap metal removal, junk removal, waste removal, & hauling services. All services are coupled with using a dumpster.
What is included in using a Happy Little Dumpster?
- Dropping off a Happy Little Dumpster
- The permission to use the dumpster according to our guidelines
- Picking up the dumpster
- Hauling fees, and
- Disposing of the contents according to Virginia Department of Environmental Quality's policies and regulations
What Material Can We Not Haul?
This is one of or most diverse frequently asked questions. It really depends on where you want us to take the material. If it's recyclable, many times there's no disposal fee. Recyclables should go in a separate dumpster so they're not mixed in with trash. We will bring you a scrap metal dumpster for metal, and appliances, and even appliance with freon, such as refrigerators, air conditioners and freezers. Food and all contents should be removed from fridges and freezers. If it's donate-able items, we'll take them to a donation center free of charge. You can read more about what can and can't take on our dumpster rental services page. But we are not a hazardous waste hauler, and we can't accept:
- Oil Products
- Flammable Material
- No liquids of any kind
Just have a conversation with us. We're resourceful people who like to make our customers happy, and we can come up with a solution together as long as we communicate openly about your project.
What's The Size of a Happy Little Dumpster?
Happy Little Dumpsters sizes vary. We have sizes from 10 feet long, to 12 feet long. They can carry loads as small as 2 pickup truck loads to 15 pickup truck loads. Our Dumpster Rental Service Page explains in detail
How Soon In Advance Should I Place My Order?
The more time ahead, the better. However, we pride ourselves that most of the time we can deliver same day. Next-day delivery is ideal, but two days advanced notice is customary for any local hauling service company.
I Need To Cancel My Order, How Do We Proceed?
A 24 hour notice is required. If your notification is not received in advance of 24 hours, there is a $100 cancellation fee.
How Long May I Keep My Happy Little Dumpster?
The good news is: We do include the day of delivery and the day of pickup, and a complimentary 3 day period with each dumpster. So, logically a total of 5 calendar days. Beyond that, there's a $5/day per diem use charge, maximum rental period is 30 days. If the dumpster sits longer than 30 days without being swapped out, the daily use charge increases to $10 a day.
What Forms of Payment Do You Accept?
All major credit cards, checks from estate accounts, and cash. Sorry, we don't offer financing.
I Need My Dumpster Moved, How Do I Do That?
Call Us! We'll move it for you with our specialized equipment. If you move it yourself, you risk damaging it, damaging property, or injuring someone. Unauthorized movement of the dumpster will result in a $100 fee.
Are There Any Additonal Fees I Need To Know About?
- Excess Weight. Please do not put loads of concrete, rock or dirt in the 12 or 20 yard dumpster. We do not operate dump trucks. Our maximum weight in the dumpster is 4 tons. If you fill a 20 yard up with dirt, it's likely to exceed 8 tons! We have convenient 6 yard dumpsters suitable to fill with aggregate, and heavy & dense material. Please let us know in advance you plan on filling with heavy material, and we can arrange to have a 6 yard dumpster brought out to you.
- Unauthorized movement of the dumpster
- Tires, appliances w/ freon mixed in with trash, hazardous material, or liquids. We are a Solid Waste Hauler.